Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server hosted by a website hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's review them. In this way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you'd like to have a blog, mails, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular hosts, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely fallacious interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the workload between independent stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different webspace hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given distributors provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you wish to share a vast number of images with buddies or associates since the solution is typically free. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to handling your email addresses. Some corporations offer site hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you want to get a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to have as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to own a website. To some degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At SupremeServer Hosting, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for specific content only.